Location: Sheffield, IA
The Pricing and Costing Analyst position is accountable for the preparation of price lists for the company and the ongoing analysis of costing activities within the company. This position provides analytical and financial skills that enable reporting of timely and accurate pricing and costing reports along with direct engagement with top management and internal departments.
Essential Job Requirements:
College degree in Accounting or Finance, proven ability to analyze financial and accounting data, knowledge and demonstrated application of GAAP, manufacturing industry experience, cost accounting and/or inventory management experience preferred, ability to make ethical decisions and multitask.
Preferred Computer Skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and GAAP
Main Costing Job Duties:
- Data collection
- Maintenance of cost and inventory data within system
- Investigate inventory variances and resolve issues
- Review standard and actual costs for variances
- Validate the cost of goods sold
- Set-up and maintenance of part numbers in system
- Assist with cycle count/physical inventories
- Analyze inventory ledger accounts and physical inventory count variances
- Prepare/review monthly cost accounting and inventory journal entries
- Report on profit margins by product
- Report on periodic variances and the causes
- Work on special projects as required
Main Pricing Job Duties:
- Monitors and updates price lists for internal and external users
- Performs margin and pricing analysis for management
- Identifies opportunities to optimize sales and profitability through pricing strategies
- Assist sales with quotations as needed
- Research industry pricing standards and trends
- Prepare monthly sales forecast reports
View page here
Ph: 641-892-4222 ext 2308
Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for applying with Sukup Manufacturing Company.
Those individuals that are selected for the interview process will be contacted directly.