McFarland Clinic is central Iowa’s largest physician-owned multi-specialty clinic. Join our team and join a group of caring professionals, dedicated to providing Extraordinary Care, Every Day! We value quality care and extraordinary service, trusting relationships and an exceptional workplace. Our organization has more than 70 years experience of caring for people. We welcome applicants who can help us enhance the health and well-being of our patients and communities we serve.
McFarland Clinic is currently accepting application for Patient Innovation Advisor for its Ames location. Candidates should be service-oriented, a team player, and be able to provide extraordinary care, every day to our patients.
Responsibilities include: The Patient Innovation Advisor is responsible for identifying, planning, designing, and implementing improvement strategies to fulfill McFarland Clinic’s mission, vision, values and promise of Extraordinary Care, Every Day. An expert in patient/family-centered care, this position works in partnership with the Administration, Patient Experience Committee, Patient Relations, Marketing/Public Relations, directors, physicians, managers and staff to ensure the organization meets or exceeds patient experience expectations. This role incorporates process improvement, patient satisfaction data, patient relation trends, education, and customer service training into establishment of the McFarland expected patient experience.
- Provides coaching to clinic staff to enhance, maintain or improve performance impacting patient experience. This involves observing performance, sharing knowledge/expertise, collaborating on solutions, and providing encouragement and positive reinforcement to help staff achieve a higher level of patient-centered care.
- Develops, promotes, and implements strategies and tactics for patient-centered improvement strategies. Works with leadership to build support throughout the organization.
- Collaborates with direct supervisor, Marketing, Patient Relations, Operational Directors and pertinent departments to develop internal and external campaigns around patient experience innovation.
- Serves as the administration lead for Patient Experience within the organization including overseeing the surveying process and vendor relations.
- Works with necessary departments, individuals and/or vendors to collect, interpret and incorporate patient experience data and patient concern trends to address opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews monthly patient experience comments and patient relations concerns to utilize for improved experience.
- Maintain accountability for compliance with external agency requirements related to patient satisfaction, including CGCAHPS survey requirements.
- Understand statistics and is able to articulate relationships between data and results.
- Designs, implements, and manages training and education in support of innovation initiatives and customer service standards.
- Facilitate patient experience interviews with patients for new provider feedback at 6 month and 18 month tenure.
- Ability to facilitate project work teams involved in patient centered initiatives.
- Applies clinical knowledge to training tools to make education relevant to clinical operations teams.
- Provides direct shadowing and coaching experiences for individual providers and staff.
- Educates providers, managers, and staff on the patient centered philosophy and improvement through New Employee/Provider Orientation and ongoing training programs.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the organization on patient centered experience.
- Stays current with trends and developments in the field of patient centered innovation through literature, webinars, seminars, training programs and conferences.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge and experience with Google docs and Windows based applications; and database and file management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a medical field or business administration.
Days: Monday – Friday, with periodic early or late meetings
Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Three years minimum of relevant experience in healthcare. Scope of past responsibilities related to customer service, patient relations, end user experience, and training and development.
- Experience in statistical analysis and application.
- Experience and training in process improvement, Lean certification, and change management.
- Individual demonstrates a passion for patient-centered care, customer service and problem solving.
McFarland Clinic offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), and PTO. Click here for details.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion,age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. McFarland Clinic takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.