Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Our intern program features internships that last 10-12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These assignments can provide you with great development opportunities and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals. Examples of projects and assignment areas include:
In-line product support of technical operations, manufacturing operations, or quality operations.
- Maintain products at a high level of performance and regulatory compliance
- Execute strategic projects to enhance our World Class Supply posture – decrease inventory, shorten cycle times, lower costs
- Analyze and solve problems
- Maintain manufacturing processes at high levels of performance
- Engineer plant site improvements to enhance safety, quality and the environment
- Optimize existing processes to achieve improvements in process quality, yield and efficiency
If you are the kind of individual who thrives on challenge and possess the technical, leadership and business skills that are of value to our business, we invite you to apply.Qualifications
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Currently enrolled in a sophomore or junior level curriculum, working toward a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Biochemical Engineering, Biological Systems Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, Animal Science, Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or Biotechnology.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Available for a minimum of a 10-week Internship beginning in May or June of 2019
- Superior technical competency as demonstrated by excellent academic record and work achievements
- Strong communication skills, personal character, and ethics
- Leadership accomplishments achieved through direct leadership roles or leading by influence
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Work experience in a business, manufacturing or industrial setting
- Familiarity with aseptic technique
- Deliver results in a multi-functional, multi-disciplinary environment.
- GPA 3.20 or higher
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of it’s manifestations.
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Temporary
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Ames
Nearest Secondary Market: Des Moines