Requisition ID: PRO019333
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Production Technician position is available at the Merck Animal Health facility in Ames, Iowa. The Ames facility is expanding operations to manufacture vaccines for large and companion animals. The site leverages its dynamic, innovative team and a novel technology platform for the production of RNA-based vaccines.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform entry-level laboratory procedures and assist others in more advanced procedures for the production of veterinary biologicals according to strict government and company imposed guidelines. Assist in all areas of the production of RNA (RP) Particle Vaccine products manufactured in a USDA licensed facility.
Work activities include but are not limited to:
- Production of RP products for USDA licensure
- Maintenance of Vero cell line and related cell culture activities
- Assist with electroporation process
- Assist with RP harvest and formulation
- Make growth media
- Utilization of volumetric aseptic techniques
- Final serial formulation and fill
- Maintains production records according to regulations
- Updates training record as needed
- Restock lab with supplies
- Perform other duties as required
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Associates Degree in Biology, Microbiology, or related science or High School diploma with 2 years relevant work experience
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must have ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Must have good mathematical abilities
- Must be familiar with laboratory procedures
- Successful completion of Physical Abilities Test
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in cell culture and laboratory technique preferred but not required
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting preferred but not required
- Experience following approved protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of it’s manifestations.
Job: Production / Operator
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: Bleach, Isopropyl Alcohol, Ethidium Bromide, Hydrogen Peroxide
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Ames
Nearest Secondary Market: Des Moines
View page here