At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
The Department Support Coordinator (DSC) is responsible for supporting the pre-production team through the activities necessary to manage the transition of a new product to full-rate manufacturing for multiple projects. The DSC will collect and report data, create project documentation, track action items, and use risk management and change management tools. DSC participates collaboratively with project teams as well as working independently, to aid execution of project activities. DSC is involved in all phases of the product development lifecycle including bids and proposals, design and development, prototype build, test and integration, and transition to production. The DSC will support a fast-paced, high tech product development requiring a high level of organization and strong communication skills.
- Collects raw data from various sources, including SAP, and provides filtered and formatted reports in MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, and MS Access to the Operations Program Manager or other management weekly, monthly or as requested
- Prepares, updates and monitors spreadsheets for tracking material and procurements
- Performs as primary focal point coordinating and reporting status and problem resolution during the pre-release, release, and revision of product
- Prepares and tracks third-party communications; Organizes, audits, and archives required project documentation. May maintain MS Project schedules for a product or program.
- Coordinates the set-up of project meetings. Makes changes to and maintains department and project/program websites.
- Builds productive working relationships in the organization in order to obtain or provide information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation
- May act as Cost Account Manager (CAM) for prototype/pre-production hardware builds
- May take meeting minutes and track action items to closure
- Candidates for this role should possess a AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency (DoD Security clearance or ability to obtain is preferred)
- Current, Valid US Driver’s Liscense
- SAP and manufacturing experience is preferred
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here