Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Work activities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, have sufficient knowledge of all equipment used by department and any safety requirements during its operation.
- Maintains the workplace and warehouse in a neat, clean and orderly condition. Adheres to 5S standards.
- Puts away inventory from vendors as well as manufacturing.
- Performs SAP transactions pertaining to material control requirements.
- Performs basic material handling activities: unloading trucks, receiving parts, in SAP, material movements, order fulfillment, cycle counts and inventory error investigation.
- Identify, label, pull parts and move to the correct manufacturing production cell.
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Maintains in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
- Performs cycle counts of raw material and in-process inventories. Identifies root cause of any discrepencies and puts new solutions in place.
- Operates pallet jacks and forklifts as and when needed
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections; making operator repairs.
- Help maintain positive work environment.
Perform other duties as required
Education Minimum Requirement:
- High School diploma, or equivalent, with 2 years relevant work experience
Required Experience and Skills:
- Safety conscious
- Must be organized and have strong attention to detail
- Must have ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Proficient in basic PC operation
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting
- Experience with aseptic gowning procedures
- Experience following approved protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Maintain accurate paperwork and documentation
- Experience working in warehousing environment
- Experience maintaining inventory control
- Experience using SAP
- Able to work both independently and within a team structure
- Self motivated
- Good time management skills
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement