Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Provides technical support to Operations in the form of enabling and improving the flow of product through manufacturing utilizing the disciplines of industrial and mechanical engineering.
- Responsible for technical problem definition and solution in manufacturing environment. Interfaces with design engineering on incorporating changes to the designs which improve manufacturability.
- Determines the most efficient sequence of operations and work flow, and establishes methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel
- Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control through the application of Lean principles.
- Determines the most efficient sequence of operations and work flow, and establishes methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel.
- Perform assignments requiring use and application of standard engineering economics and product development principles and techniques.
- Plan, execute (facilitate) and document engineering economics challenges.
- Maintain awareness of the technological state-of-the-art and of the Company’s competitive position in the assigned area.
- Understands and considers how facility design and layout for manufacturing processes and equipment affect economic factors, process flow, operator efficiency and comfort in performance of job duties.
- Solves IE problems of various levels of complexity.
- Individual job duties may vary.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field of study from an accredited institution
- Must have GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
- US Citizenship required
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this linkto read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here