Job Field: PROD – Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Location: Ames, IA, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1802623
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Maintenance Technician – Ames, Iowa (1802623)
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for safely troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining all mechanical equipment and functions related to the safe and efficient operation of the site.
- Maintain all equipment, gear, and tools in compliance with OSHA and ISO 9001 guidelines to ensure safety and quality.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine corrective actions.
- Develop preventative maintenance recommendations.
- Must prioritize work to balance activity and resource demands of the departments within the facility.
- Address and raise the EHS standards at BASF.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For In You…
- High School degree or equivalent required
- 3 years of relevant experience in single and three (3) phase industrial electricity and machine repair.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and P&ID’s.
- Must be able to read, count, lift products (100 lbs) as required, and perform general labor work.
- Basic knowledge of PC functions
- Technical Degree
- SAP experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.