The Workiva Cafe is looking to add a motivated line cook to their team. Our Café is a progressive, upscale, and casual restaurant serving high quality and unique food to the entire Ames Workiva campus. This position will be presented the opportunity to learn, create, and grow in your career. Ideal candidates for this role will have a passion for quality, creativeness, and be highly motivated team players.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare food of the highest quality and to the standards of the Executive Chef
- Taste and adjust dishes according to appearance and standards established by the chef
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at assigned line stations to assure a smooth service period
- Keep up with the latest culinary trends and techniques in order to help plan and create high quality menu items
- Work during normal daytime hours, so you’ll have most evenings and weekends free
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma required; associates or bachelor’s in culinary arts preferred, or appropriate combination of education and experience
- 1+ years experience in a high volume restaurant setting preferred
- Ability to work successfully under pressure and maintain a strong sense of urgency
- Be able to lift at least 50 pounds and walk, stand, bend or twist body throughout service
- Have a commitment to quality customer service and demonstrate excellent communication, professionalism, and interpersonal skills
- Availability to work all days and all shifts including functions outside of normal working hours when scheduled
- Ability to understand and follow federal and state health code standards and maintain sanitary conditions; ServSafe certification is a plus
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance
- Pastry experience is a plus
Where You’ll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four dog-friendly offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York City).
- Learn more on our Muse Page: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/workiva
View page here: https://www.workiva.com/careers/positions/line-cook-2