General Job Description:
Full-time position with the opportunity to change the world. The position will be for a Senior Web Solution Engineer.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Design, Architect and implement immersive User Interfaces for web-based/cloud-based applications
- Architect, design and implement account management tools and supporting cloud-based databases
- Architect and develop remote support tools to assist customers in the field from the office
- Implement machine learning technologies to improve user experience
- Lead engineers in Scrum, TDD and XP development practices
At Smart Ag your official title will be Lead Web Solution Engineer. In this position you will be responsible for bringing to market the first ever commercially available agricultural autonomous vehicle system. You will be responsible for implementing cutting edge technology, radically new thoughts and exciting ideas into high quality, testable production code. Every day will be a new challenge and you will be counted on to make this product ship. At Smart Ag no one works alone, our culture demands that every person work closely with each other, regardless of domain. You will have the back of your team mates and work in the best interest of hardware engineers, server-side software engineers, database engineers, and C-level management to make the most customer centric system imaginable. In a nutshell, if you didn’t like team projects that only talked about what customers really want in the past, don’t bother applying. Every applicant will go through a 90-day evaluation period, if at the end of the 90 days you don’t think Smart Ag is for you or we don’t think you embody our culture we will part ways.
Requirements for success:
- Passion, drive and courage to change the world
- Experience building a production SaaS platform
- Agile/Scrum experience is a deal breaker. If you don’t have it you will not be considered for this particular position. In this position you will be required to not only follow Agile principles but embody them and lead others to become better Agile practitioners.
- You have 10+ years of professional software engineering experience and feel like without Scrum and TDD you would not be as good of a developer as you are today.
- We have a strict TDD coding policy, we expect 100% test driven development code.
- Experience with continuous deployment systems
- You are a natural team player; Smart Ag uses open office environments to drive collaboration and teamwork
- Deep experience with AWS, AWS IoT
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP networking
- Lead teams and projects to achieve effective and timely goals
Nice to Haves
- Experience on vehicle electronics preferable agriculture related.
$90,000+ depending on experience and cultural fit.
Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401K and equity sharing is available.
For questions or to schedule an interview contact Mark Barglof at 515-201-7245 and email resume email@example.com
View page here: http://www.smart-ag.com/careers/