Proagrica is seeking a Lead UX/UI Designer to lead the design strategy for a product line. At Proagrica, we deliver products and services that connect and empower agriculture industry participants to address their key needs around trading, productivity, and compliance. We have created farm and enterprise-focused solutions for a global community of connected businesses.
As a Lead UX/UI Designer at Proagrica, you should have 6+ years of experience working with web and mobile applications or enterprise software, love working within a team, and be passionate about solving complex problems through design. You will be leading a small team of experienced designers whose goal is to create user-centered, intuitive, and beautiful interfaces for our software solutions. You will mentor other team members and help them better understand the user.
You will be working closely with members of the Product Development, Software Development, and Marketing teams to create visually engaging, innovative, and functional designs that will be used throughout the organization.
Skills and Responsibilities
· Gathers, evaluates and has a solid understanding of customer use cases and pain points through frequent contact. Advocates for customers’ needs with the cross functional team and helps inspire the team to want to know more about users and meet their needs.
· Collects feedback and insight from customers and business stakeholders.
· Collaborate with product management and developers to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
· Execute and oversee all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off
· Produce designs to help the entire product team understand the desired customer experience: storyboards, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes
· Be comfortable working with developers to understand how your designs impact development. Your designs should be feasible to implement, and you should make sure they’re developed accurately
· Expert user of a number of design tools
· Design for a variety of platforms including smartphones, tablets, web browsers, and desktop
· Shows mastery of User-Centered design processes including interaction design skills and attention to detail. Defines structure and layout of the product, and the overall user experience based on strategic research.
· Presents design and research learnings to stakeholders to guide future projects.
· Thrive in an environment with quick feedback loops and can deliver designs on time
· Be comfortable coaching and managing more junior designers in both tactical and soft skills
· Be able to thoroughly communicate and advocate for your designs as well as your teams’
· Thorough knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite (especially XD, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
· Some knowledge of HTML & CSS is preferred
· Be highly organized with the ability to be flexible and creative
Education and Experience
· 6+ years of experience working with or managing application layout in an agency or software setting
· Experience with usability testing or other end-user research methods
· Experience can be demonstrated by a thorough portfolio that showcases problem framing, research, problem solving, and visualization skills
· BFA or MFA in Graphic Design or related field
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information provides information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI General Benefits Package
– 401k match of 5%
– 18 Days Holiday
– Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
– Benefits start upon hire date
– Excellent OTE & Competitive Salaries
RBI is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com . EEO is the Law. EEO is the Law Supplement
View page here