Workiva is a cloud-based software company that builds best-in-class collaborative applications for enterprise productivity and complex business reporting. We are looking for a Lead User Experience Writer who will shape the vision and voice of Wdesk. We seek a leader in technical writing and content strategy. The Lead UX Writer will partner with the User Experience and Product Management Teams to develop content strategy and produce clear, accurate, and pleasing user assistance, end-user documentation, and product copy.
In this role, you will produce articles, release notes, error messages, and application language to help unlock the value of Wdesk for end users. As a leader, you will also contribute to overseeing and improving the process, production, and quality of other content producers.
This is a unique role that blends strategy and planning, content production, and leadership. You will ensure the success of a rapidly growing user base, deliver outstanding documentation/user assistants/product copy and be responsible for the UX content outcomes across a broad area of Wdesk.
Are you passionate about using words and media to drive great user experience? …this role may be right for you.
Do consistency and quality across a company’s product and how-to messaging excite you? …this role may be right for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with product managers, user experience designers, and subject matter experts to support a world-class user experience
- Follow audience-centered and iterative methods to understand user needs
- Develop and support content strategy for the product end-user
- Deliver outstanding documentation, user assistance, and product copy
- Help ensure the success of a rapidly growing enterprise user base
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ Years in software technical writing or technical product documentation
- Experience with web or software applications paired with experience creating technical content for end-users
- Experience with Lean UX and/or an agile software development environment
- Experience collaborating across multiple cross-functional, geographically distributed teams
- Ability to negotiate, collaborate, and influence involved stakeholders
- Experience providing mentorship, vision, and skill leadership to other writers through leadership
- Uncanny attention to detail and customer focus
- BA/BS or MS in Technical Communication, English, Digital Media, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related discipline (or relevant experience)
- Ability to provide a portfolio or writing samples
- Ability to travel domestically, approximately 10%
- Master’s Degree in Technical Communication, English, Digital Media, or HCI
- 10+ Years in software technical writing or product documentation
- Experience in cloud software, human-computer interaction, and/or user experience
Where You’ll Work:
Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 65% of the top corporations by revenue. We boast a 96% customer satisfaction rating. We’ve also won many awards when it comes to our amazing culture and work environment – check out our 2018 award:
- Check out our LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
- Check out our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Workiva
- Check out our Newsroom: https://www.workiva.com/newsroom
- Check out our Tech Blog: https://techblog.workiva.com/
View page here