General Job Description:
Full-time position with the opportunity to change the world. The position will be for a senior autonomous vehicle software engineer.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Architect and develop safety critical embedded software systems used to drive autonomous agricultural vehicles
- Develop steering controls software to autonomously drive agricultural vehicles
- Architect and develop software systems using J1939 and ISOBUS vehicle CAN protocols
- Design new hardware and integrating it to vehicles and other components.
- Implementation of networking and communications technology to fuse multiple autonomous machines together for collaborative work
- Implement and design machine vision systems and neural networks
- Research and design machine learning techniques
- Lead engineers in Scrum, TDD and XP development practices
At Smart Ag your official title will be Lead Autonomous Vehicle Engineer. In this position you will be responsible for bringing to market the first ever commercially available agricultural autonomous vehicle system. You will be responsible for implementing cutting edge technology, radically new thoughts and exciting ideas into high quality, testable production code. Every day will be a new challenge and you will be counted on to make this product ship. At Smart Ag no one works alone, our culture demands that every person work closely with each other, regardless of domain. You will have the back of your team mates and work in the best interest of hardware engineers, server-side software engineers, database engineers, and C-level management to make the most customer centric system imaginable. In a nutshell, if you didn’t like team projects that only talked about what customers really want in the past, don’t bother applying. Every applicant will go through a 90-day evaluation period, if at the end of the 90 days you don’t think Smart Ag is for you or we don’t think you embody our culture we will part ways.
Requirements for success:
- Passion, drive and courage to change the world
- Agile/Scrum experience is a deal breaker. If you don’t have it you will not be considered for this particular position. In this position you will be required to not only follow Agile principles but embody them and lead others to become better Agile practitioners.
- You have 10+ years of professional software engineering experience and feel like without Scrum and TDD you would not be as good of a developer as you are today.
- We have a strict TDD coding policy, we expect 100% test driven development code.
- You are a natural team player; Smart Ag uses open office environments to drive collaboration and teamwork.
- Experience making continuous integration systems work at their highest efficiency levels
- Deep experience using Linux on embedded systems.
- Understand computer electronics and embedded systems to create functioning controllers without assistance.
- Architect systems, design and oversee the development of new projects.
- Understand and implement IoT and M2M mesh networking
- Develop and improve machine vision and obstacle detection systems.
- Reverse engineer electronic controllers.
- Lead teams and projects to achieve effective and timely goals
Nice to Haves
- Experience on vehicle electronics preferable agriculture related.
$90,000+ depending on experience and cultural fit.
Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401K and equity sharing is available.
For questions or to schedule an interview contact Mark Barglof and email resume email@example.com
View page here: http://www.smart-ag.com/careers/