The IT Operations Intern will work on a team that oversees the installation, routine maintenance, upgrades and daily support of the network, server and storage software. This team is responsible for the day-to-day operation of Workiva’s systems, and is constantly looking for ways to better meet internal customer needs.
How You Will Impact the Success of Workiva:
- Monitor, maintain, and enhance systems to ensure optimal performance
- Reviewing system performance consistently, including alerts and notices, and taking appropriate action quickly to prevent downtime
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain end user computing and telecommunication systems.
- Assist the Operations team through various activities, such as facilitating change management meetings, assembling knowledge documents and helping with operations projects
What You Will Need to Be Successful in This Role:
- Active student status, working towards degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Network Administration or a related field
- Ability to quickly triage problems, identify root causes, and drive issue resolution
- Interest in working with AWS, networks, servers etc.
Where You’ll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
- Learn more on our Muse Page
More about Workiva:
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without currently or at any point in the future requiring sponsorship.
View page here: https://www.workiva.com/careers/positions/it-operations-intern-0