The Inventory Specialist maintains the fixed asset inventory process within Workiva, ensuring that all fixed asset equipment is properly ordered, received, and inventoried. This position interacts with remote users, employees who work from home, office managers, and remote IT team members to verify stock amounts. Excellent organization, communication, and detail-oriented skills are required for all duties related to this position.
How You Will Impact the Success of Workiva:
- Processes fixed asset inventory requests from quote through receipt to ensure equipment is accurately entered into the fixed asset tracking system
- Verifies serial numbers and descriptions are attached to the appropriate equipment records in the system and assigns asset ID
- Enters fixed asset inventory information into system and ensures receipt of equipment by appropriate department
- Verifies fixed asset requests and appropriate authorizations
- Initiates the purchasing process of fixed assets by entering equipment requests and details, obtains tickets for approval, researches cost information quotes, ensures all appropriate checks and balances have been met, and compiles information to give to manager for approval
What You Will Need to Be Successful in This Role:
- Inventory control experience required
- Office management/administration experience preferred
- Demonstrated organizational and attention to detail abilities to accurately maintain the fixed asset inventory system and to document processes and standards
- Knowledge and understanding of business concepts, importance of checks and balances, and realization of how business demands change
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Proactive problem solving
- Ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and customers
- Show initiative and acts independently to resolve problems
- Ability to solve problems and apply previous experience to new problems
- Work autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and customer expectations
- Ability to lift 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis
Where You’ll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
- Learn more on our Muse Page
More about Workiva:
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without currently or at any point in the future requiring sponsorship.