Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Inventory Analyst Intern (Summer 2019) to join our team in Coralville, IA (1010). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is responsible for performing required transactions for processing and maintaining the integrity of inventory in assigned stockroom, warehouse, or service locations. This function provides maintenance and reconciliation of the inventory residing in these locations to insure a high level of accuracy, where inventory values are in millions of dollars. Applicable inventory includes top level finished goods, sub-assemblies, piece parts, rental-exchange assets, or other capitalized property.
- Solves routine inventory problems of limited scope and complexity. This includes the system analysis and reconciliation of cycle count discrepancies and other inventory related discrepancies. Follows established inventory control reconciliation policies and procedures in analyzing situations or data. Contributions are usually limited to task- related activities.
- Work with product and parts being prepared for outbound shipments to internal and external customers worldwide such as resolving delivery shortages and other problems related to outbound deliveries.
- Solves routine material flow issues. Process Stock Issue Discrepancies.
- Basic understanding of MRP processes to support inventory control and material flow activities.
- Limited use and / or application of basic functional or technical principles, theories, and concepts related to inventory control. Limited knowledge of industry practices and standards. Learns to use professional concepts.
- Supports internal customers in all matters related to inventory control and material flow through the inventory control value chain.
- Builds stable working relationships internally. Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor and other personnel in the group or department.
- Supports the Inventory Control scorecard metrics which includes inventory accuracy and age of material in SAP interim storage types.
- Supports Lean activities initiated by the inventory control organization.
- Receives detailed instructions on all work. Work is closely supervised. Errors do not typically have a major effect on the organization.
- Must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or similar plan of study
- Must be able to work independently
- Must also be adept with computer software, especially databases and spreadsheets.
- Experience in Manufacturing
- Experience with Warehouse Management System (WMS) or Enterprise Resource Planning System (SAP)
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.