Landus Cooperative is seeking an indvidual to perform financial and operational audits of organizational and functional activities of the company. Evaluate the compliance with plans, policies and procedures prescribed by management, verify accuracy of financial information, ensure proper accountability and physical security of company assets, identify controls and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of controls, assist in assuring efficient utilization of resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop a thorough understanding of the cooperative’s operations.
* Establish effective business relationships within the organization and maintain knowledge of assigned operating divisions.
* Assist in the completion of the external audit fieldwork.
* Assist with feed contracts and soy contracts to market.
* Responsible for balancing intercompany accounts.
* Reconciling and zeroing out the GRIR and freight clearing accounts.
* Assist and identifying accounts which need to be balanced.
* Reconcile inventory variances and correct purchase order errors.
* Provide general assistance to management by performing special reviews of operations when requested.
* Perform all of the above activities in a manner that will reflect the highest standards of professional skills and conduct.
* Responsible for reporting energy sales tax exemption forms.
* Champion of safety compliance throughout organization.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Excellent written and oral communication.
* Ability to use a personal computer and run applications of word and excel.
* Organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
* Be available for daily work and extended hours as required.
* Ability to perform algebraic and logic calculations.
* Collect, analyze and organize information into a logical and efficient format to support economic and efficiency analyses.
* Proven leadership skills, strong initiative, and high energy.
* Provide suggestions to offer alternative perspectives to situations.
* Work independently or with others as a team to complete assigned projects.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in finance/accounting; three to five years of experience in public accounting or a combination of public/private accounting.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
View page here