At Workiva we create best-in-class, next-generation collaborative solutions for enterprise productivity. We pride ourselves on bringing the consumer level user experience to business users. We love our customers, and they love us back. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including 65% of the Fortune 500. We boast a 96% customer satisfaction rating
The Infrastructure Operations Engineer will be part of a team that seeks to combine the best of IT Operations (ITOps) and Development and Operations (DevOps) methods to provide the right solutions for Workiva teams and customers. They will be involved in designing, developing, deploying, and operating complex systems for both network and Amazon AWS infrastructure. They will provide support and assistance for Workiva teams and initiatives to be successful and provide customer value.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for support and remediation of critical issues on Workiva infrastructure, business, and dev systems and participate in on-call rotation as needed.
- Collaborate and assist with designing infrastructure and operational solutions for Workiva business needs across multiple teams.
- Manage and maintain security standards and practices to meet business auditing standards.
- Manage monitoring, alerting, and escalation policies for infrastructure and applications.
- Support business applications including issue tracking, project management, identity providers, build systems, and data warehouses.
- Design, support, and manage network infrastructure for Workiva offices around the world including switching, routing, firewalls, and wireless LAN.
- Develop and maintain automation and infrastructure/configuration as code using best practices and cloud technologies.
- Continued education on cloud technologies and other key technologies for Workiva business functions.
- Clearly communicates information about tasks and projects with teams and stakeholders.
What You’ll Need:
- Strong background in network infrastructure and concepts such as routing, switching, wireless, load balancing and OSI model.
- Strong background in AWS infrastructure and services including automation such as Cloudformation and OpsWorks/Chef.
- Strong background in Linux system administration.
- Experience with Shell & Python scripting
- Experience with database and webservers such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Nginx, and Tomcat.
- Experience with Git or other version control systems.
- Experience with Chef or other configuration as code languages.
- Experience with Windows and Active Directory administration.
- Experience with Atlassian application administration and deployment, including JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, and Slack a plus.
- Experience with software development tools and practices such as build systems and bug tracking.
- Ability to manage complex tasks and interface with users and teams.
Where You’ll Work: