Requisition ID: 15961
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The Information Security Analyst is responsible for the assessment of risk with the associated development and implementation of processes and controls that are associated with the protection of information. Planning, deploying and analyzing the performance and health for the supported systems. The professional is expected to work within cross- functional project teams. This position provides risk assessment, guidance and support for design and deployment of custom developed solutions and commercial software. This position must analyze, evaluate, modify, test, and implement enterprise wide security systems and software. As the operational owner of various solutions, this position is responsible for the overall health and performance of a system and frequently works with technology providers and developers to deliver and maintain secure solutions. Protects, directs, manages defensive resources, and provides forensic investigation support and metrics. The Information Security professional is expected to operate and perform at the highest levels of confidentiality and integrity.
- Assist with the design, test, and implemention of secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications. Conducts accurate evaluation of the level of security required.
- Assist with the design of risk and vulnerability assessment at the network, system, cloud and application level.
- Participate in threat modeling exercises. Contributes to the development and implementation of security controls and formulates operational risk mitigations along with assisting in security awareness programs.
- Assists in a wide range of security management including architectures, security gateways and network access control.
- Assists in the research, evaluation and recommendation of new security tools, techniques, and technologies and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy.
- Prepares security reports to regulatory agencies. Audits and manages access management.
- Assist in all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Assists in the support domain structures, user authentication, digital signatures, governance, provisioning, authentication, authorization, identity administration, virtual directories, web access management, federation, and Single Sign-On (SSO).
- Will support incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Ability to help employees and contractors understand their role in safeguarding information, technology and services by being an ambassador. Assist and show where policies, processes and procedures can be found and explain why they should be followed.
- Participates in Researching and tracksing current and impeding laws, regulations and industry requirements and best practices, such as data protection, data privacy, cyber security and information security. Translates requirements into practical solutions, and coordinates improvement plans.
- Assist with tier three and security support services for the enterprise. This includes timely resolution of Remedy trouble tickets. Participates in the on-call rotation.
- Assists with detailed troubleshooting in support of system remediation efforts.
- Assist with supporting complex operational tasks that are assigned as part of project implementation. Serves as project participant to medium projects of moderate complexity.Provides tier three and security support services for the enterprise. This includes timely resolution of Remedy trouble tickets. Participates in the on-call rotation.
- Assist with the organization and coordination of activities of team members to complete security team deliverables for projects.
- Working towards being a Subject Matter Expert in at least one area and considered a domain generalist in multiple areas, including a moderate understanding of information security knowledge in the assigned areas.
- May assist with the design, development, test, integration and documentation of information security solutions of low to high complexity, Apply internal processes, using knowledge of methods and tools for security controls, software development and documentation efforts. Ensure that IT solutions are designed to meet the applicable Legal/Regulatory, RC governance, confidentiality, integrity and availability requirements.
- Individual job duties will vary.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelors or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- US Citizenship is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.