- Conduct indoor air quality studies in an office environment in response to odor, stagnant air, moisture infiltration, and mold concerns.
- Perform visual inspections of supply air fans and understand the impact ventilation systems have on indoor air quality issues.
- Develop sampling strategies for industrial hygiene projects and workplace exposure assessment plans.
- Conduct IH field studies related to worker exposures, including, but not limited to, air and noise sampling, illumination, ventilation surveys, ergonomics, radiation, heat stress, and other studies.
- Conduct office and light industrial safety inspections.
- Complete data sheets, chain of custody forms, and prepare samples for shipment to laboratory.
- Prepare concise reports summarizing findings, interpreting IH data, regulatory requirements and recommendations. Reports must be technically accurate, grammatically correct, and appropriate for intended audience. Reports are created with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Peer review reports for grammatical and technical accuracy.
- Operate and maintain instruments including sampling pumps, calibrators, noise dosimeters, sound level meters, and direct reading gas meters.
- Research safety and health standards and guidelines and IH sampling methods.
- Assist with updating written health and safety policies, programs, procedures, and associated training materials.
- Submit administrative paperwork including timesheets, expense reports, field reports, etc. on timely basis.
- Develop relationships with Client Representatives to better understand needs, convey confidence, and plan and complete field work.
BS and advanced degree with two (2) years of experience
- 3-10 years of Industrial Hygiene or related experience.
- Clean credit and no criminal history. Prefer to have had a federal CAC in recent past.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Able to crawl, climb over obstacles, walk on uneven surfaces such as ramps, rooftops and able to climb ladders without assistance.
- Able to enter confined space or work on high-elevation task locations.
- Three to ten years’ experience that includes indoor air quality investigations
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
None. Other training and certifications maybe required while in the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and/or stand. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and depth perception. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Able to crawl, climb over obstacles, walk on uneven surfaces such as ramps, rooftops and able to climb ladders without assistance. Able to enter confined space or work on high-elevation task locations.
While performing the duties of this job, employee may occasionally be required to perform job functions in outdoor environments in all seasons.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at +1.410.992.3424 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.