Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for an Industrial Engineering intern to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
This position is primarily responsible for providing process and workflow improvement support to Avionics Service & Support repair locations worldwide. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to, Lean, facility layouts/reconfigurations, return to service efficiency (RTSE) projects, development of repair target hours and various special projects supporting overall service center and service base operational effectiveness.
- Support Lean activities (5S, workflow, standard work, material handling)
- Analyze space utilization and provide guidance to support current/future requirements
- Support the preparation of workstation, equipment, or section layouts to accommodate changes or new capabilities
- Interface with appropriate Facility Services personnel to ensure compliance with Collins Aerospace policies and procedures related to facilities and real estate activities
- Support Return to Service Efficiency projects in support of cost reduction and profitability initiatives
- Provide analysis and guidance to repair locations on the establishment of repair targets
- Facilitate “Best Practices Sharing” across all repair locations
- Conduct research studies on new processes, methods and equipment in order to provide recommendations for acquisitions
- Perform work sampling studies, analysis and provide recommendations to enhance operational effectiveness
- Support major mod programs through the use of line balancing techniques and capacity forecasting tools
- Participate in special projects supporting the business as required
- Estimates project costs and schedules and participates in preparation of proposals and presentations
- Establishes new approaches and techniques to achieve continuous improvement
- Determines the most efficient sequence of operations and work flow, and establishes methods for maximum utilization of repair facilities and personnel
- Develops solutions to a variety of IE problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies and practices for guidance. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Conducts research studies on new processes, methods and equipment
Knowledge and Skills
- Work in a self-directed manner with guidance on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable planning, coordination, analysis and evaluation. Expectations include issue/problem identification, development of solutions and implementation of resolutions.
- Working environment is primarily self-directed. Individuals are responsible for managing work loads and setting of schedules in order to meet customer due dates.
- Quality of decisions and representation of information will directly affect Business Unit (Service Centers, Service Bases and RCS Maintenance Operations) performance pertaining to sales, profitability, cash flow, and asset utilization goals (both negatively and positively)
- Relationships are inter and intra-organizational with all levels of business unit management, service center/base managers, service center/base employees, facilities services, accounting, contracts, finance and other related areas.Additional Job Qualifications
- Juniors or seniors working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or related Engineering discipline. Ideal candidate will have demonstrated competency in the Engineering discipline.
- The individual must have the ability to understand and apply Lean concepts, statistical modeling, various data analysis techniques, and Project Management Principles to drive process and workflow efficiency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access and Project), AutoCAD and statistical packages is required.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a high level of drive and creativity in order to provide Collins Aerospace leadership with the necessary information to determine/execute both strategic and operational initiatives.
- Qualified candidates must also have excellent written and oral communications skills in order to work effectively with all levels of the organization.U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) is required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this linkto read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here