Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
This position will provide an exciting opportunity to work closely with world-wide teams within the Advance Manufacturing Engineering & Technology (AME&T) organization. The position is for an Industrial Engineer within our AME&T Digital Tools and Systems department. The role will have a focus on Smart Factory initiatives and will require travel to collaborate with other manufacturing facilities and contributing teams.
• Perform industry research to understand Technology changes and trends to drive Collins Aerospace’s Digital Transformation and present findings to a cross functional team
• Develop an understanding of Industry 4.0/Smart Factory/IIoT technologies that include: wireless sensor networks, control systems, automation, Integration to enterprise systems, and data analytics, and provide a concise summary of findings
o Identify elements that will improve processes and productivity
o Analyze data and trends to identify problems and opportunities, and make recommendations to reduce gaps
• Participate in the definition of Smart Factory Technology roadmaps (for example Manufacturing Execution System) that aligns Security Compliance and Digital Technology
o Complete requirements gathering, scope definition, solution architecture, gap identification and gap resolution for Manufacturing Execution/Shop Floor initiatives.
• Work with our team and Digital Technology to define site level Infrastructure assessments that will be used to identify gaps prior to deployment of digital solutions
• Effectively communicate ideas and findings to diverse teams and different locations around the company
Candidate should be familiar with Factory/Manufacturing Automation, Productions Systems, and Computer Integrated Manufacturing. Candidate should have working knowledge of process work instructions, manufacturing routings, and product Bill of Materials (BOM). In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
• Experience with integration of manufacturing systems including business process domain knowledge and data flows, especially related to production order execution.
• Understanding of data collection and predictive analysis
• Excellent communication skills and executive presence
• Ability to drive results in a matrixed environment
• Strong business acumen and ability to translate new technology into business value
• Understanding of the various levels of a manufacturing enterprise architecture (ref ISA-95) including physical machines, intelligent devices, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Manufacturing Execution/Operations Management Systems (MES/MOM), and Enterprise Resource Planning in SAP.
• Experience with cyber and/or cyber-physical systems security protocols
• Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers, MTConnect, and/or Transactional Automation (use of API, XML)
• Excellent project management skills
• Highly organized with attention to detail and active follow-up
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel required. Proficiency in MS Access and Tableau/PowerBI desired.
Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Completion of IE 361 Statistical Process Control and IE 432 Industrial Automation preferred
- US Citizenship required
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here