Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
This position is for an Industrial Engineering intern, who supports cost control, productivity improvement, cost reduction, inventory control, and lean production systems. Success for this role means level loaded value streams, improved cycle times, reduced lead times, improved productivity, reduced operating costs, and more efficient processes. If you are ready to be a change agent and join a high energy and motivated team, then this is the role for you!
- Works with cross-functional teams and internal customers across the business unit to acquire a better understanding of the business and customers.
- Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, productivity improvement, cost reduction, inventory control, and lean production systems.
- Analyzes, supports designs, and improves the cells/processes to increase or maintain output levels which align with customer demand.
- Uses methods such as data mining, data modeling, or cost or benefit analysis, to support studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and lean production systems.
- Identifies the concerns of the customer, probes for answers and actively listens to understand the customers’ business.
- Establishes the physical layout of machinery and the most efficient sequence of operations and work flow.
- Supports analysis on the allocation of resources, materials and personnel to establish maximum utilization of equipment.
- Pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related Operations field
- Minimum 60 credits completed (Junior status)
- Ability to make sound ethical decisions that drive results
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Strong adaptability skills
- Critical/strategic thinking ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Ability to influence and lead in a team/group environment
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to think strategically
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Customer focus
- Ability to self-direct
Software Applications/Skills that are a Plus:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, specially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of data management and Query applications (such as SQL or Microsoft Access)
- SAP ERP System is a plus
- Visual Basic for Applications is a plus
- Simulation Software – ProModel, FlexSim, Arena, etc. is a plus
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here