Requisition ID: 16209
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Are you ready to work with an innovative team? Are you ready to learn from the best? Our products truly build trust with our customers! We are currently searching for an innovative and positive thinking High School Intern Engineering to join our team. The engineer will be part of a cross-functional team developing embedded software for the Synthetic Vision System, Airport Moving Map, TAWS, and Integrated Flight Information System team. This position offers a great chance to work directly with a team on systems and software that will go into production on aircraft around the globe. The engineer will have the opportunity to lead and perform in all phases of the systems engineering life cycle including requirements analysis, software design, code development, integration and test, and documentation.
• Test and document real-time embedded systems/software.
• Participate in cross-functional team efforts in definition, integration, verification, and validation of products and aircraft level sub-systems.
• Read and understand Interface Control Documents in order to integrate supplier devices or products
• Verification and validation of situational awareness products
• Performing Change Request investigations
• Writing testing scripts that work on host and target environment
- Requires a full time high school student pursuing a High School Diploma. Applicant must be at least 16 years old prior to employment start date (i.e. students can be less than 16 years old at time of application).
- Basic knowledge of software and electronics.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.