2625 North Loop Drive, Ames, IA, USA
Part time intern
This position will work directly with the Visual/Creative Lead and will also work side by side with other creatives to design a wide variety of materials. As a Graphic Design Intern, you will develop engaging visual content used in the production of marketing, sales, and promotional materials and provide recommendations on brand positioning. This is a paid, real-world learning experience that will help set you on a bright career path with the potential for full-time employment.
- This internship position will involve a range of creative and marketing facets and will require excellent attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple tasks on tight deadlines, and strong communication skills
- Partner with marketing, sales, and UX to support the creation and evolution of digital and print marketing materials
- Collaborate with leadership to help establish brand identity, communication planning, and marketing opportunities for corporate initiatives.
- Ensure design consistency such as the appropriate usage of color, composition, perspective, and layout to maintain consistency across multiple brands and channels (e.g. social media posts, email, blog posts, newsletter, web, presentations, videos, and print materials)
- Work both individually and in groups to produce defined project deliverables on tight deadlines
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and strategic rationale in verbal, visual, and written formats
- Pursuing or recently attained a degree in Graphic Design, Mass Media, Marketing, Advertising, Video Production, or other related disciplines
- Able to provide work samples that demonstrate creative ability, experience, and design skill proficiency
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Publisher), Adobe (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Premiere, After Effects, InDesign); Google Documents, and WordPress.
- Light to moderate understanding of professional video, audio, and lighting techniques
- Experience designing and creating social media content for a brand
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Able to think critically and creatively while not being afraid to go outside their comfort zone
- Excellent written and verbal skills and enjoys problem-solving
- Must be highly collaborative and open to constructive feedback
- Exhibit a positive attitude, skill, and innovative spirit for problem-solving and taking on challenges
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, and manage several projects at one time
- Ability to work out of our Ames, IA office starting in January 2019.
- Interest or experience in project management, social media, analytics, video production, or web design and development is beneficial, but not necessary
• Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
• Maximum of 20 hours per week, flexible schedule