Landus Cooperative is currently seeking a Grain Marketing Intern! Do you have a passion for agriculture and working as a team to better suit the needs of others? Then come join our team!
We are seeking a motivated individual who can assist the Grain Merchandising Staff in coordinating, executing, and maintaining an effective grain merchandising strategy. At Landus Cooperative, you’ll find a fun team atmosphere and an engaging internship geared for your success!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to the following:
- Be directly involved in grain merchandising by performing consistent, proactive, scheduled calls to gain market knowledge, maintain relationships, and understand market sentiment.
- Learn how grain merchandisers at Landus Cooperative effectively manage margins, risk, expenses, grain quality, and external/internal relationships.
- Grasp the concepts of basis and futures commodity spreads, along with options and their use in risk management.
- Understand the hedging policies, procedures and strategies.
- Understand and manage cash grain positions and their effect on financial performances.
- Understand Landus Cooperative’s grain assets/capabilities, customer base and destination markets.
- Achieve familiarity of the CMS and CSPT system used by the department in order to drive volume, revenue, and cost savings.
- Provide prompt, professional, and courteous customer service.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Currently enrolled in a 2 or 4-year post-secondary program.
- Good computer skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Teamwork: Works hard to emphasize team success ahead of individual success.
- Safety: Protects the well-being of our employees, customers, and consumers.
- Consistent Quality: Accepts responsibility to provide quality work in a timely manner.
- Empowered: Enjoys working hard and has initiative to do what’s right.
- Integrity: Displays honesty by doing what they say they will do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
View page here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=47a3faf1-98f7-4776-a3d4-80df0f94101d&ccId=25150074_2887&type=MP&lang=en_US