Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
This is an internship within the Research and Development Team for support of design and definition activities of Gas Turbine Fuel System Components. Our team is responsible for the design and testing of Fuel Nozzles, Valves and Manifolds. This will allow the opportunity to learn and understand the principle of operation of a Gas Turbine Engine and the Combustion System. These components are highly engineered to the customer requirements. We partner with world renowned companies allowing you the opportunity to support some of the leading aerospace manufacturers on exciting engine programs. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in customer interactions, project management and execution, 3-D modeling and component testing.
The intern will be paired with a mentor to support product development activities including SolidWorks modeling and performance assessments. This will allow you to work on new designs, design improvements and fielded hardware.
Description of Duties or Project:
– Solid modelling and prototyping for product definition testing (~50%)
– Support the coordination of projects in production and in development at the lab, including participation in prototype builds (~30%)
– Continue implementation and updates of nozzle and valve databases. This is a continual process and an important one to allow quick access to our most common products (~10%)
– Generation of standard work documents supporting flow diagnostics testing (~10%)
Experience and Education Desired:
– Pursing a Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree
– Minimum of 60 credit hours with completed course material relating to fluids, materials and machine design and analysis
– GPA of 3.0 or above is desired
– Must be willing to work 40 hours per week
Nice to have Qualifications (i.e. desired / optional):
– Proficient in MS Office products
– Familiar with SolidWorks
– Critical/strategic thinking ability
– Strong interpersonal and communications skills
– Ability to work independently
– Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to develop strategy
– Teamwork & Collaboration
Requires US citizenship or permanent residence (green card).
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here