Workiva is hiring a Front-End Developer on the Corporate Marketing team. This person will be responsible for projects primarily involved in web site design, development, and implementation. This position will be responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact with for the company websites, landing pages, and emails.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop high-quality, responsive websites, landing pages, email templates, forms, and interactive digital content. Collaborates with the UX, design and web development teams on the company’s digital properties
- Work with with the UX team to develop technical and functional specifications deliverables based on conceptual diagrams, site maps, interaction flows, storyboards, and wireframes
- Develop and maintain company websites, landing pages and emails
- Ensure that all design elements, templates and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and screen settings, and function within the constraints set by development and design
- Implement bug fixes, site improvements, and CMS enhancements
- Collaborate in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment
- Optimize site code for maximum speed and scalability
- Bridge the gap between interface design and technical implementation
- Conduct source code reviews to assure quality and functionality
- Maintain pattern library/web style guide and implement industry best practices to ensure first-class code is implemented
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of front end development
- B.A. or B.S. in marketing, computer science, engineering or related field or equivalent academic and work experience is preferred
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Understanding of the entire digital development process, including research, design, development and deployment
- Strong understanding of responsive/adaptive mobile design and development principles
- Aptitude for both creative and technical aspects of digital design and development
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and fixes
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Experience working in Marketo and utilizing tokens
- Experience with Drupal preferred
- Experience with Pattern Lab is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability Up to 10% travel
Where You’ll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four dog-friendly offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York City).
- Learn more on our Muse Page: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/workiva