We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Field Operations Specialist (1903128) – Ames, IA
Support our business and Customers on all products with advanced technologies and integrated services, including new products enabled by Colorbiotics. Work to support products and services to customers by sharing expertise, training employees and customers on the products and / or services and their applications. Assist Customers in optimizing their products, utilizing the technology they own to get all the benefits from these products. The focus of these products and services will be to help the customer achieve more uptime, be more productive, more efficient and overall, more profitable. Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- Become the product expert on all pieces of equipment involving technology.
- Be able to make adjustments and recommendations to optimize the product.
- Be the product expert on non-equipment technologies that affect customers such as GEM system and any future products.
- Assist in the execution of all facets of the GEM Global Equipment management system including insuring the correct setup and develop others to perform the required tasks to maintain customer uptime.
- Provide feedback regarding information related to meeting the needs of the customers.
- Provide remote services on GEM related maintenance and troubleshooting
- Promote integrated solutions products and services to customers.
- Assist in maintaining customer mailing lists related to integrated technology solutions products.
- Assist with transferring data when needed.
- Train customers and employees on the proper methods of transferring data reading reports and setup information from the office to the computer and vice versa
- Operate the GEM Help Line – On an as needed basis when support is needed
- Field customer calls and drive them to resolution, either via phone, a technology enabled method, in person, other employees etc.
- Follow-up with customer issues proactively
- Perform on-site repairs and/or software updates for customers on any technology related pieces of equipment. Involve the Tech Department as required.
- Turn in your time, materials and description of any billable service work that has been performed in a timely manner for customer labor, warranty or product improvement programs.
- Assist salesmen by training them to sell the correct product, make the right recommendations, provide customer training, customer follow-up, proper setup/operation, utilize the tools available to them, evaluate used GEM systems correctly and achieve the correct margins on the products sold.
- Be able to assist and train the Sales Department to perform effective demonstrations of these products, and make sure demonstrations are being completed.
- Properly install, setup and operate all technology based products and proactively inform them of new solutions available.
- Attend applicable training events / seminars that will further develop your knowledge of the business.
- Continually provide training to employees internally on products, services and processes.
- Support the adoption of new technologies and product offerings.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.