The Event Planner is responsible for all event management for the sales organization. Partners with internal teams across Workiva as needed to provide event planning services for non-sales-related events.
What You’ll Do:
- End-to-end event management for sales events, including budget development and management, RFP process, establishing metrics, measurements, identifying and managing business and reputational risk, and most or all of the following: venue selection for meeting facilities, overnight accommodations and catering; contracting with speakers and entertainment; travel and transportation, and pre- and post-event logistics.
- Manage onsite event logistics with full discretion, accountability and decision-making authority, including providing direction to internal team, venue staff, contractors and vendors.
- Develop and present event budget for leadership signoff; manages all budget activities, including approving expenditures, analyzing and reporting on ROI.
- Develop and deploy communication plan, messaging and collateral.
What You’ll Need:
- B.A./B.S. degree in marketing, advertising, communications or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- 5 years event planning experience, including virtual events
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team
- End-to-end event operations experience
- Ability to interact with C-suite and executive level leaders and speakers
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, prioritize work and manage multiple assignments while meeting deadlines and delivering top results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 40%
Where You’ll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices (Ames, Bozeman, Denver, Missoula and New York City).
- Learn more on the Workiva LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/