Henning Companies, LLC is in the business of providing general building construction management services which address the special needs of our customers. Henning is committed to quality construction and service far above industry standards.
Reporting to Preconstruction Director and Senior Estimator, this position is responsible for estimating projects, development of complete estimates, bid day evaluations, pricing, quantity take offs, bid solicitations, as well as assisting others in the estimate development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field, or related experience
Years of Experience
- 2 or more years of construction experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and effective listening
- General understanding of the construction and estimating process
- Experience in Sage 300, Microsoft Office, On-Screen Takeoff, and other construction-related software preferred
- Self starter, passionate about your career
- Good at multi-tasking, flexible
- Detail orientated
- Good problem solving skills
- Understanding of unit pricing for variety of scopes of work
- Ability to create and define scope for various trades
- Exhibits self confidence, not afraid to ask questions or ask for help
- Prepare detailed estimate deliverables in a clear, concise, standard format
- Work with estimating team through process
- Develop delegation skills
- Mentor and teach others as appropriate
- Prepare takeoffs and initial pricing on all scopes of work, including clear concise clarifications for your work
- Draft cover letter and bid clarification forms
- Assist in the buyout of subcontracts and purchase orders
- Participate in training for Henning standards, processes, construction techniques, pricing, productivity, etc.
- Learn rules of thumb regarding estimating parameters
- Develop strategic relationships with subcontractor community
- Learn to think strategically regarding moving a project forward
- Evaluate subcontractor bids appropriately for use in estimates/bids
- Assist team to meet department and company goals
Other duties as required
Benefits: We offer a competitive package for Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and 401(k)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.