We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!Distribution Manager – Colorbiotics (1805245) – Ames, IAWhere the Chemistry HappensWe are seeking a professional like you to join our Supply Chain team in Ames, Iowa. In this role, you will be responsible for managing outbound freight to customers and through the distribution network, and manage product through entire network and report inefficiencies to key stakeholders. Additionally, you will manage defined product availability/inventory and service levels (internal and external) for the entire regional portfolio, lead strategic Supply Chain Planning-related projects/or initiatives, and utilize the internal business unit network to leverage best practices.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your education (preferably in Supply Chain Management) and your experience in Product Management, Supply Chain, Procurement, Customer Care, or Operations, you will support raw material and finished goods planning for the business unit, identify opportunities for improvement and understand the impact to the whole supply chain on a Global business unit level/scope.
- Your robust analytical ability will be a valued asset as you develop and maintain Supply Chain performance metrics and identify and implement solutions with management approval.
- Demonstrating your strong computer skills (particularly in SAP), you will support the maintenance of regional Master Data and be responsible for SNP (Supply Network Planning), long term planning, and ensure data flows properly into SAP. Additionally, you will routinely ensure integrity of all Planning Master Data.
- Successfully engaging across the organization, you will interact with Operation Service Platform functions including Business Management, Customer Care, Foreign Trade, Inter-Regional Supply chain, as well as other Business Units.
- Your strong business/financial acumen will be essential as you establish inventory budgets based on the financial cash flow and overall business targets and manage and maintain freight selection criteria to ensure beneficial economic results.
- Your strategic thinking skills will be vital as you develop and implement a seasonal warehouse plan and ensure network capabilities support business unit objectives.
- Utilizing your strong communication skills and prior experience leading projects/and or project teams, you will lead annual carrier bid tender and present results to key stakeholders.
- Your sound judgment and problem-solving skills will benefit you as you make recommendations and pursue appropriate disposition of returned, damaged, aged and off-spec global inventory with Product Management.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer YouAdding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.