The Director of Global Marketing Automation is critical to the overall success of the Marketing team. Partnering with the sales and services organization, the Director of Global Marketing Automation develops the strategy for and optimizes the communication journey from brand awareness and lead acquisition to customer engagement. This position manages a team that is responsible for automating electronic communication, maintaining compliance with global web tracking and email regulations, and administering the handoff and disposition of marketing generated leads via lead scoring logic and tracking all marketing interactions.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead global email marketing strategy, planning, and campaign execution, including: emails, landing pages, forms, automated programs, dynamic content, design, testing, and analysis
- Maintain and manage automation system processes, ensuring optimal data quality, lead flows, campaign and activity tracking, sales enablement, and data integrity
- Oversee audience segmentation within the automation and CRM systems to align with strategic organizational priorities and sales initiatives, including personas and lifecycle stages
- Work with internal stakeholders (i.e. sales, marketing, web development, services), to define and prioritize marketing automation, and tracking objectives
- Manage best practices for global privacy and email compliance, including GDPR, CAN-SPAM, CASL and regional email laws
- Lead analytics and reporting , including testing, measurement, and optimization of campaigns to drive desired results
- Proactively review best practices, trends, and competitive activity; recommend and implement scalable changes to the marketing automation platform
- Document existing processes and communicate improvements to enhance marketing productivity
- Manage and develop a high performing team
- Manage cross-functional, global, and 3rd party relationships
- Create scalable solutions and processes for continued global expansion into new territories and markets, including multi-lingual campaigns and initiatives
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years marketing automation and operations experience
- Expert hands-on Marketo experience required
- 5+ years experience with SalesForce required
- Global and localization experience required
- B.A./B.S. degree in marketing, business, or similar area of study preferred
- Proven track record of supporting successful demand generation programs with experience in marketing databases, segmentation, email execution and lead processes
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external business partners, advising on all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to translate data to actionable steps for optimization; experience with data warehouse, Tableau, or other BI tools preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- HTML knowledge preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills; comfortable communicating across all levels of an organization
- Organized and able to meet demands across a global organization
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time, including international travel
Where You’ll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four dog-friendly offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York City).
- Learn more about #WorkivaLife : https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/