The Financial Analyst is responsible for the creation of operational and financial reports, forecasting future results, and providing various standard and ad hoc analyses. Results provide moderate to significant impact and are essential to the measurement of business performance, control of expenses, and functional operational/financial planning.
What You’ll Do:
- Create Forecasting Models: Creates forecasting, reports and financial performance analysis to operational teams
- Builds analytical models that utilize both financial and non-financial data to forecast financial performance, and to value projects
- Delivers key analysis of financial and operational performance on a weekly and monthly basis
- Retrieves, discerns, and reconciles information from various sources to ensure data integrity and accurate reporting
- Participates in driving process improvements related to forecasting, reporting, modeling and analysis
- Creates and presents various reports to operating groups, tailoring information as needed for greater clarity and understanding
- Ensures timely development of accurate reports and analysis to support corporate goals and strategies
- Incentive Compensation: Calculates incentive compensation for applicable teams based upon plan documents
- Interprets plan documents and applies to compensation calculations
- Delivers results to team leadership for review and approval
- Facilitates and ensures payment is processed by payroll
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years of finance, business analytics or planning experience required
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field required
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers across all levels and areas of the company
- Ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Self-Starter with the ability to streamline functions
- Passion to learn and grow your skills
- Strong time management skills
Where You’ll work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four dog-friendly offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York City).
- Learn more on the Workiva LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/