Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
This is an internship within the Design Team for support of design and analysis activities of Gas Turbine Fuel System Components. Our team is primarily responsible for the design and analysis of Fuel Nozzles, Valves and Manifolds. This will allow the opportunity to learn and understand the principle of operation of a Gas Turbine Engine and the Combustion System. These components are highly engineered to the customer requirements. We partner with world renowned companies allowing you the opportunity to support some of the leading aerospace manufacturers on exciting engine programs. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in customer interactions, program management and execution, 3-D modeling and analysis and component testing.
The intern will be paired with a mentor to support product development activities including SolidWorks modeling and basic ANSYS FEA thermal and structural analyses. This will allow you to work on new designs, design improvements and fielded hardware. Thermal and structural analyses will be performed to validate the design meets the customer requirements and reports are written for internal documentation and customer communication. You will be working as part of a product development team or production support team. This will allow you to learn the various responsibilities of different disciplines in the business and hone your skills to be most efficient in a team environment.
- Solid Modeling and ANSYS FEA analysis of our products. (~40%)
- Support the coordination of projects in production and in development at the lab (~30%)
- Continue implementation and updates of nozzle and valve databases. This is a continual process and an important one to allow quick access to our most common products. (~10%)
- Coordination and documentation of updates to our ANSYS/Design Life materials database with our latest material properties. (Non-linear analysis properties and strain life properties) (~10%)
- Support the archival of previous program documents for quick access by the engineering community (~10%)
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field of study from an accredited institution
- Must have GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
- US Citizenship required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here