The DBA II position requires strength in all aspects of database administration and design, and will work closely with development teams to provide high-quality business solutions and play an active role in projects from inception to delivery.
On a daily basis, the candidate who fills this position will interact with colleagues from various departments, including Database developers, Database Administrators, Software Engineers, Business Analysts and Customer Support personnel, regarding issues ranging from feature enhancements, new project discussions and design, customer issues which need attention, requests to run reports from the database and requests to troubleshoot and fix bugs.
ProAgrica develops cutting edge software and services for geo-spatial data storage, transmission, analysis, and display. We serve one of the most critical industries on the planet, namely Precision Agriculture. With rapidly decreasing Ag land and ever-increasing human population, Precision Agriculture is the most efficient means to gain the most from limited resources. The candidate who fills this position will play a role in making this industry more efficient. We have data from multiple countries, and this position will not only expose the candidate to database design and development, but also to knowledge of farming practices from around the world. It is not only exciting, but also rewarding to witness projects that we develop, and features we add to existing projects, become used worldwide to fulfill the needs of farmers, cooperatives, seed companies, fertilizer companies, equipment manufacturers and everyone else in the chain.
For this role, we require a candidate who is willing to learn new technologies, work well with various teams, can think geo-spatially, is good at understanding complicated issues and solve problems and at the same time, be excited to create new platforms on which the Precision Agriculture industry will rely on, in the years to come.
Experience (US Only) and Education
- 1+ years of DBA experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Design database structure for new projects and enhancements to current projects
- Respond to issues and support calls
- Resolve performance issues with an emphasis on root cause identification
- Assist in development and maintaining necessary documentation
- Maintain metrics in necessary areas of responsibility
- Monitor database operations and support maintenance activities
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledge and experience in Database design
- Knowledge and Experience in PostGreSQL and Oracle
- Experience in developing PL/pgSQL and PL/SQL procedures/functions/triggers
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies
- Good oral and written communication skills