Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including 70 of the Fortune 500. We boast a 96% customer satisfaction rating.
As a Software Engineer you can enjoy the perks of a fast paced, high tech organization at our headquarters, in Ames, Iowa. Our agile environment allows for a flexible environment with an integrated work life. Workiva engineers love solving complex problems with autonomy and authority and are encouraged to stay on top of new technologies. Innovation is the key to our success; we do not get stuck in a rut! Being a customer driven environment, we have seamless daily and weekly releases. You can see your code in production in short order.
You will join an extremely talented team working at the heart of our main product line. You will help architect and implement solutions for some of our most difficult problems. You will work in an AWS environment primarily focused on our server side Golang applications. You will have the opportunity to set design and architectural standards while collaborating with multiple teams.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work within an agile development team (product, design, quality, engineering) to understand customer needs and define and implement technical solutions
- Leverage the latest technologies to deliver products our customers are passionate about
- Develop solutions that are performant, scalable, fault tolerant, and sustainable
- Collaborate with other talented Engineers to master your craft
- Understand and apply both internal and external frameworks and components
- Seek continual improvement from yourself, the team, and the product
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- A passion for solving difficult problems and building robust, web-based applications
- Experience working with enterprise web-based application architectures
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Deep understanding and experience in server side technologies and design patterns
- Excellent problem solving skills, great attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- BS CS/EE/CE, or equivalent job experience
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud technologies
- Experience using Dart and Go languages
- Familiarity writing code that works across all popular platforms and browsers
- Experience with Docker or other container systems