Requisition ID: 14809
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Data Scientist Intern (Summer 2019) to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Collins Aerospace’s Advanced Technology Center is growing our Data Analytics group and in search of enthusiastic data scientists and software engineers to join our expanding team.
The Advanced technology center focuses on applied research projects and provides engineers with an ever changing and expanding environment. This internship is with our growing data analytics group that focuses on big data, data analytics, and applied machine learning applications and projects with the following research areas:
- Aviation data systems
- Airspace Data
- Biometric information
- Aviation Weather
- Aviation Optimization problems
- Adaptive Training with Simulation and Training solutions
This summer internship will focus on applications prototypes of smart contracts with blockchain, applied machine learning on vision and biometric systems, and IoT device networks.
- Diving head first into a new challenging problem area
- Developing and collaborating on applied machine learning application in distributed application networks.
- Working on blockchain smart contracts prototyping.
- Working closely with the onsite business unit and remotely with teams in Cedar Rapids, Annapolis MD, UK, France.
- Working in IoT frameworks and enabling technologies.
- The candidate must be working towards a STEM degree along with an interest in big data tools, software development processes related to CI and Agile, data analytics, and or machine learning
- 1 year experience with Python and/or Java
- The candidate must have some background or interest in database design for small big data systems (TBs) with NoSQL and Distributed File Systems.
- Strong interest in Machine Learning or a background in Machine learning strongly encouraged
- Usage and understanding of containerization technologies (Docker), container registries, and code revision tools (Git)
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelors or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- US citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card) is required.
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.