Requisition ID: 15850
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The Logistics team is requesting an Industrial Engineer Summer Intern to join their Cedar Rapids Distribution Center (CRDC) team during the summer of 2019. This student will apply classroom principles in real-world applications throughout the Collins Aerospace enterprise warehousing and distribution sites.
This position supports the CRDC Road Map and will provide technical assistance for the CRDC Key Initiatives. The Logistics team is responsible for a myriad of dynamic, fast paced projects where one must balance priorities and multiple tasks simultaneously. Written communication, verbal communications and attention to detail are a critical skill sets. Will interface with both the logistics leadership team members, as well as peer organizations within the enterprise. Works closely with factory personnel and utilizes change management techniques in support of ACE initiatives and obtainment and improvement upon standard work and business metrics. The position requires strong personal leadership traits and initiative, with an emphasis on project management both at the local and enterprise level. Knowledge of Microsoft Office portfolio and evidence of ACE or Six Sigma application/education is preferred. The projects associated with this internship include ACE integration through key initiatives, deployment of standard work across numerous enterprise locations, and project management at the implementation phase. In addition to supporting long term initiatives, this individual will provide daily support to existing operations and make recommendations future cost savings and productivity initiatives at the enterprise level. Preferred background for this position would be an undergraduate engineering student; a packaging engineering or logistics background is preferred but not required.
- Registered college student pursuing a technical undergraduate BS degree. Student must be enrolled in an accredited 2 or 4 year institution.
- Student must have basic skills and qualities that should align with skills and qualities comparable to peers in the same organization.
- Provides complimentary technical support to a department and performs various duties dependent upon the department in which the position resides.
- This position orients the student to the technical environment. It may include assignments in the electrical, computer, aerospace, industrial or mechanical engineering or computer science disciplines.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelors or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Experience or relevant coursework with VBA.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.