At Workiva, we greatly value our data and use it to make better business decisions and to develop better products and services for our customers. Workiva is seeking a talented and creative individual who will help lead the quantitative understanding of our users, our product, our services and business.
As a Data Scientist you will work on complex data and modeling problems in order to deliver actionable insights to the business so our leadership teams can make data-driven decisions. The Data Scientist will drive insights that power strategic operational decisions, turn ad-hoc insights into data products, and deliver impact directly to customers through your analyses, collaboratively working with data engineers, data analysts and managers.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform hands-on data analysis and modeling with very large data sets to test any hypothesis and gain insights
- Build decision-making models and propose solution for the business problem you defined
- Develop algorithms and model to increase and predict growth and retention
- Provide requirements to develop analytic capabilities, platforms, and pipelines
- Apply statistical or machine learning knowledge to specific business problems and data
- Convert business questions into analyses, executing these analyses, and translating results into operational, services, product, and customer impact
- Lead and mentor junior data scientists and grow as a team leader
- Ensure data quality is of highest priority with no errors
- Ensure data cleansing is a specific and appropriate set of data meeting the team member’s needs
- Analyze data and present to end user with a usable conclusion
What You’ll Need:
- 4+ years industry experience as a data scientist or a related role
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or similar quantitative field, with an emphasis on predictive analytics, data mining, statistics, machine learning, algorithms, etc.
- Experience working with very large data sets and using SQL with relational databases or data warehouses
- Experience with statistical inferencing and modeling, using tools and language such as R, and scripting languages such as Python or Scala
- Strong planning, organizing, and multi-tasking skills to prioritize numerous projects and ensure data is delivered in understandable manner to the end user
- Ability to obtain the appropriate data set, cleanse, analyze and present to end users with a usable conclusion
- Experience working in behavioral data sets such as CSAT, NPS, logs data, customer engagements, etc
- Proficient research skills to locate market information using numerous internal and external sources of data
View page here: https://www.workiva.com/careers/positions/data-scientist-1