Match your skills to a career where you’re not just doing a job; you’re making an impact every single day.
At Farmers Edge, we’re addressing the global challenge of feeding the world’s growing population while reducing environmental impact. We’re a diverse group of thinkers and doers, motivated by challenges, curiosity and bold ideas. Our culture is the foundation of our company, connecting innovation and disruption with the passion that drives us. From the software and digital tools that we create to the conversations we share; the collective force of our team is influencing revolutionary changes in agriculture to bring new levels of sustainability and opportunity to farmers and agricultural professionals.
Rapidly expanding worldwide, we’re focused on creating a diverse environment of talented individuals. Working with high-quality data sets, cloud connectivity, AI-driven algorithms and predictive models across web, mobile and app platforms, we offer a range of roles in multiple locations where you can build impactful, data-driven experiences and feel empowered to make a difference.
Join us to work with a company whose team is as innovative as its products. Together, we can make the impossible, possible.
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Lethbridge, AB, or Ames, IA
Reporting to the Data Analyst Manager, the Data Technician will join a team responsible for data collection that feed our state-of-the-art decision support systems. The Data Technician’s duty varies between data entry, data manipulation, quality control, and client interfacing.
Our Software Development team is responsible for company-wide software and GIS solutions, management of large geo-spatial data sets, and supporting year-round field operations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Enter data and transfer between multiple software applications;
- Quality control and analysis of remote sensing datasets;
- Map and report generation;
- Operation and supervision of batch processing systems;
- Code generation, editing, and review;
- Document and report work;
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Background in GIS, computer science, image processing or information systems;
- Comfortable working in both a cooperative environment and be willing to work independently on assigned tasks;
- Creative, motivated, resourceful and passionate about what they do;
Training will be provided in the initial stages, but some independent learning will be expected.
What you’ll get:
- Flexible working hours;
- Competitive compensation;
- Extensive benefits package;
- Employer matched DPSP retirement plan;
- Enterprise level experience with complex systems and technically challenging work;
- Opportunity to make a difference in supporting a growing tech company that is changing farmer’s lives across the world!
View page here