The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is the primary customer contact for Workiva products and services and is responsible for creating raving fans. Each CSM is responsible for multiple customer accounts; the number depending on such factors as the size of the customer or seniority of the CSM. The CSM will be responsible for day-to-day customer success activities spanning from the initial stages of onboarding to continued engagement and retention. The CSM will have an in-depth understanding of each customer’s overall business requirements and act as a consultant to determine how the various Wdesk solutions and features can meet their needs. The CSM will also partner with other Workiva teams on initiatives that address customer needs, product utilization and improving departmental efficiency to help meet company goals.
What You’ll Do:
Manage Book of Business and Customer Relationships:
- Work side-by-side with the customer to define a set of goals and objectives and create a roadmap
- Onboard customers and drive the initial implementation and integration of Wdesk while effectively managing customer expectations
- Understand service agreement terms of each customer contract and ensure the work is completed and delivered to the customer on or before the deadline
- Educate both new and established customers on general Wdesk functionalities and best practices as well as new features as they become available
- Convert customers into raving fans by providing timely, individualized attention, efficient and active follow-up and consistent, positive communication with each customer to ensure the customers are receiving maximum value from Wdesk
- Serve as a customer advocate while effectively collaborating with internal, cross-functional teams including Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Finance
- Keep management informed of progress and obstacles related to customer accounts, seeking feedback as necessary and responding appropriately to improve work performance and optimize customer success
- Become an expert on Wdesk products as well as customer use cases and use this knowledge to identify and solve customer pain points through adoption of new Wdesk products and features
- Use customer management tools to track customer communication, issues and metrics
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Wdesk products, features and target markets and keep up with continuous product releases by participating in formal and informal trainings
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to ensure customer feedback is being incorporated into development decisions
- Demonstrates a willingness to quickly learn new tools and applications, product solutions, rules and regulations and business best practices.
Advances Internal Initiatives:
- Support initiatives that address customer needs, product utilization and improving team efficiencies to help meet company goals
- Collaborate with other internal teams such as Sales, Marketing and Education Services to provide subject matter expertise as new products and services are rolled out to customers
- Provide feedback to Product Management and Engineering regarding customers’ emerging or unmet product needs
- Enhance team efficiencies through knowledge sharing activities, mentoring new hires and assisting other team members
What You’ll Need:
- A./B.S. degree preferred
- Demonstrated success in account relationship management or similar customer-facing role
- Strong verbal/written communication & presentation skills; exceptional listening skills
- Personal, adaptable and flexible with the ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary; must be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects, processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines, organizational goals and initiatives
Where You’ll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
- Learn more on our
View page here