We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Sales Support Specialist (1903007) – Ames, IA
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to provide business and customer service support of the Sales activities at our Ames, IA site.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your education and professional background in sales support and/or customer service, you will support customer service for executing Order-to-Cash transactions.
- Demonstrating your commitment to superior customer service, you will respond to customer inquiries by phone and email.
- Resolve many, sometimes conflicting, issues in a professional, confident, and timely manner while performing routine tasks.
- Manage Credits/Debits/Returns.
- Coordinating with logistics, sales team, and other functions within the business to ensure timely delivery.
- Utilizing your computer knowledge and experience, you will be responsible for updating CRM with customer information, act as point person for SAP creation of new customers and ship-to locations. You will also use the Non- Conformance Management System for non-conformance tracking and to identify opportunities for corrective and preventative actions.
- Successfully engaging across the organization, you will work to build rapport with customers, internal functions, and external service providers to better understand what can be done to improve internal / external processes and procedures, especially for our Colorbiotics Customer Service Team members.
- Demonstrating your ability to prioritize responsibilities, you will additionally provide business administration and financial support as needed, represent Sales Support on special projects as assigned, and travel to customer and BASF sites as required.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
View page here