General Job Description:
Full-time position with the opportunity to change the world. The position will be for a Controller.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing the budget process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
- Manage all financial transactions in Odoo ERP.
- Manage payables and receivables.
- Create new systems that contribute to the overall efficiency of the company.
At Smart Ag your official title will be Controller. In this position you will be responsible for ensuring that the Smart Ag’s finances are in order. You will be responsible for maintaining the accuracy and efficiency of all financial transactions and data. Every day will be a new challenge and you will be counted on to contribute to the overall success of the company. At Smart Ag no one works alone, our culture demands that every person work closely with each other, regardless of domain. You will have the extremely important role keeping all records accurate, safe and organized. In a nutshell, if you are not an extremely passionate, organized and attentive person that cannot stand mediocrity, don’t bother applying. Every applicant will go through a 90-day evaluation period, if at the end of the 90 days you don’t think Smart Ag is for you or we don’t think you embody our culture we will part ways.
Requirements for success:
- Passion, drive and courage to change the world
- Highly proficient in English writing skills
- Excellent attention to details the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You have 5+ years of experience
- You are a natural team player and team builder; Smart Ag uses open office environments to drive collaboration and teamwork
- Deep proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Google Drive, and GAAP
- Deep rooted principles and moral codes that align with Smart Ag’s culture
- Experience managing corporate finances.
- Competency in financial statements, tax, inventory, expense reporting, and budgets
$75,000 depending on experience and cultural fit.
Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and life insurance, equity sharing is available.
For questions or to schedule an interview contact Colin Hurd at (515) 599-0346 and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org