Requisition ID: 15235
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Our team is looking for an innovative and passionate engineer to help create high performance FPGA firmware and digital electronics hardware for R&D projects including digital vision, augmented/virtual/mixed reality, machine learning, and neural net systems. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to significantly contribute to the research we’re doing in these and other areas.
As an engineer on the Advanced Technology Center’s Immersive and Autonomous Systems (IAS) team, you will be a member of an experienced, dynamic design group employing best practice design methodologies supporting our next generation of research in digital vision, Augmented, Virtual and Mixed Reality (AR/VR/MR) applications, and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Registered college student pursuing a technical undergraduate BS degree. Student must be enrolled in an accredited 2 or 4 year institution.
- Student must have basic skills and qualities that should align with skills and qualities comparable to peers in the same organization.
- Provides complimentary technical support to a department and performs various duties dependent upon the department in which the position resides.
- This position orients the student to the technical environment. It may include assignments in the electrical, computer, aerospace, industrial or mechanical engineering or computer science disciplines.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelors or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- US Citizenship is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.