McFarland Clinic is central Iowa’s largest physician-owned multi-specialty clinic. Join our team and join a group of caring professionals, dedicated to providing Extraordinary Care, Every Day! We value quality care and extraordinary service, trusting relationships and an exceptional workplace. Our organization has more than 70 years experience of caring for people. We welcome applicants who can help us enhance the health and well-being of our patients and communities we serve.
McFarland Clinic is currently accepting application for Communications & Digital Specialist for its Ames location. Candidates should be service-oriented, a team player, and be able to provide extraordinary care, every day to our patients.
Responsibilities include: As part of the clinic marketing team, the Communications & Digital Specialist develops content and creative materials for print and multiple digital channels including website, intranet, social media, video, and email marketing campaigns. Responsible for enhancing the McFarland Clinic brand and reputation through integrated marketing techniques.
- Collaborating with providers, practice leaders and marketing team to develop content strategies and materials that support target markets and objectives.
- Research, write, edit, and create content on a wide variety of topics utilizing appropriate writing styles for various mediums.
- Execute projects to further consumer, patient and staff understanding and engagement around key organizational goals and initiatives.
- Submits news releases and content for media and other industry resources.
- Create and maintain web pages, employing SEO best practices to improve performance and engagement to digital content.
- Organize and assist in the production of video projects.
- Support coordination and promotion of external community events, sponsorships and local events.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital communications, marketing, public relations, advertising or related fields.
Days: Monday – Friday. Occasional night and weekend.
Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- 1-3 years of progressive experience in digital communications
- Health care preferred.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience with content management systems for the web and HTML coding.
- Strong understanding and/or experience with social media and web metrics, digital analytics, including SEO/SEM, and the ability to generate, analyze, and interpret data.
- Experience with a variety of writing formats and the ability to customize messages for a range of media (print, digital, collateral, website, video).
- Experience with event planning desired.
McFarland Clinic offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), and PTO. Click here for details.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. McFarland Clinic takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
View page here