General Job Description:
Full-time position with the opportunity to change the world. The position will be for a Commercial Lead, Eastern US.
Background and Nature of Career:
Our vision at Smart Ag is to Enable Perfect Operation of farm equipment we believe it all starts by unlocking the potential of the farmer enabled by technology.
In our opinion, the smartest way to solve the huge worldwide challenge of feeding a fast-growing population is to empower farmers to complete operations faster, more consistently and with less labor than ever before, we believe they can sustainably bring forward the potential of their land better than anyone else. With the correct tools, technology and knowledge, farms can do the seemingly impossible.
Our goal is to give farmers the technology to operate smarter and eliminate the choice between what is best for their farm and constraints like available labor, brands of equipment or the cost of larger machinery. That is why our first product AutoCart can be used with an operator in the grain cart tractor or autonomously and will be compatible with any brand or combination of brands of equipment. It also provides reliable, consistent performance all day and night long.
Our desire to empower the farmer to operate perfectly, only becomes a reality when the team members at Smart Ag strive for perfection. Smart Ag is looking for someone that has the passion, drive, and courage to change the world.
At Smart Ag your official title will be Commercial Lead, Eastern US. In this position you will be responsible for building a best in class distribution channel and lead the execution of the company’s go to market strategy in the assigned geography. You will partner and collaborate with dealers, customers, industry experts and company leadership to lead market education efforts, capture sales opportunity, drive revenue and maximize profit potential. At Smart Ag, no one works alone. Our culture demands that every person work closely with each other, regardless of domain. You will have the extremely important role helping to lead the commercialization of market disrupting and industry changing technologies and services in agriculture. This is the foundation of the external brand we show the world and how we expect to treat and maintain long lasting and profitable relationships with our customers. In a nutshell, if you are not an extremely passionate person that cannot stand mediocrity, don’t bother applying. Every applicant will go through a 90-day evaluation period, if at the end of the 90 days you don’t think Smart Ag is for you or we don’t think you embody our culture we will part ways.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Lead and develop the Eastern US market by recruiting and onboarding top performing, customer centric dealers/distributors and other strategic partners.
- Collaborate with dealers to define specific customer opportunities, build a sales pipeline and work each potential customer through the sales funnel in partnership with the dealer.
- Clearly define sales targets for dealers and create an annual business and marketing plan for the region that aligns with organizational objectives for growth.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Product Support teams in an effort to grow market awareness of our cause and understanding Smart Ag’s value proposition.
- Set clearly defined expectations and manage dealer and customer objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive win/win conclusion using a variety of soft sales skills to influence appropriately.
- Collaborate with company leadership to understand market opportunities, product pricing and positioning and keep dealers informed of changes in pricing, product availability, financing options, and other important company communication or initiatives.
- Assist with key industry trade shows, dealer open houses, conferences and other events in the region that provide opportunities for the understanding and promotion of company products and brand.
- Make farm-gate and customer visits with key dealers to represent the company, learn and report on customer needs and to model the consultative sales approach.
- At least 50% travel.
Requirements for success:
- Passion, drive and courage to change the world
- Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of successful field sales or sales management experience with proven experience growing a multi-million dollar territory.
- Familiarity with general farming practices in production agriculture.
- Hands-on experience using precision technology and software.
- Effective leadership, motivational, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and time management skills with an ability to multi-task.
- Must live in or be willing to relocate within the territory.
- You are a natural team player and team builder; Smart Ag uses open office environments to drive collaboration and teamwork
- Deep rooted principles and moral codes that align with Smart Ag’s culture
Preferably located in Illinois, Indiana or another Eastern Corn-belt State
Commensurate with experience and cultural fit.
Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401K and equity sharing is available.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
View page here: http://www.smart-ag.com/careers/