McFarland Clinic is central Iowa’s largest physician-owned multi-specialty clinic. Join our team and join a group of caring professionals, dedicated to providing Extraordinary Care, Every Day! We value quality care and extraordinary service, trusting relationships and an exceptional workplace. Our organization has more than 70 years experience of caring for people. We welcome applicants who can help us enhance the health and well-being of our patients and communities we serve.
McFarland Clinic is currently accepting applications for Clinical Research Nurse for its Ames office. Candidates should be service-oriented, a team player, and be able to provide extraordinary care, every day to our patients.
- Assess the eligibility of candidates for oncology clinical research trials.
- Coordinates the informed consent process including the patient, caregiver, physician. Provide ongoing education regarding the research trial.
- Complies with regulations, institutional policies and sponsor requirements governing source data and documentation.
- Facilitates the collection, organization, documentation and submission of data for National Cooperative Groups including but not limited to initial randomization, follow-ups, annual reports, protocol changes and adverse events.
- Manage clinical research drug inventory
- Prepares for and participates in FDA, State and Federal cooperative group audits and sites visits as required.
- Acts as a liaison between the principle investigator, cancer center staff and study sponsors.
- Participates in weekly cancer case conference and regular Institutional Review Board (IRB) meetings.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Possession of a State Registered Nurse license.
- Current Basic Life Support certification for Healthcare Providers.
Days: Monday – Friday
Hours: 7:30 – 5:30
- Minimum of 5 years clinical nursing with at least 2 years of those being in the area of oncology nursing.
- Adaptable to use of multiple software programs on a daily basis.
- Effective communication and adult learning skills.
- Previous clinical research experience preferred.
McFarland Clinic offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), and PTO. Click here for details.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. McFarland Clinic takes affirmative action in support of it policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
View page here