Requisition ID: 16221
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Have you ever considered working in one of the fastest growing engineering disciplines? The Cyber Security Engineering team is in need of a Cyber Security Engineer Intern for Summer 2019. This shared services team supports the development of products throughout the company wherever the customer has a security requirement or it’s understood that the system will be exposed to cyber threats through it’s connectivity to or operational use over public networks. Members of the security engineering team help develop cyber-resilient systems by supporting the design and implementation teams to ensure a secure development lifecycle (SDLC). We also develop tools and testing techniques as part of integration and verification to help identify residual defects in design or implementation which could result in a vulnerability negatively impacting the confidentiality, availability, or integrity of the system.
Supporting this mission involves:
- Assisting with developing and executing fuzzing and penetration tests to evaluate the robustness of the attack surface
- Assisting with developing threat models and data flow diagrams to ensure data is properly isolated in transit and at rest
- Assisting with implementing mandatory access controls (MAC) through the development of SELinux policies
- Participates in code reviews to identify weaknesses in the implementation of security functions
- Assisting with conducting vulnerabilities assessments of proposed and in-service systems
Candidates for this position should have a passion for cyber security.
Experience working with the following is preferred:
- Penetration testing
- Embedded system integration and testing
- IP Networking architectures and concepts
The candidate is required to have excellent communications skills to communicate technical issues and status in both written and oral form. The candidate must be adaptable to change, determined to accomplish tasks based on program schedule, collaborate with teammates in order to learn and make good decisions, enjoy learning new technologies, and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelors or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- US Citizenship is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.