Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The Change Management Intern will play a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This person will focus on the people side of change – including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. The Change Management Specialist will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization and greater proficiency of the changes that impact employees in the organization to increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
While the Change Management Intern does not have supervisory responsibility, this person will have to work through many others in the organization to succeed. The Change Management Specialist will act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor. The Change Management Specialist may also provide direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions. The Change Management Specialist will also support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
Roles and responsibilities
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities
- Assess the change impact
- Complete change management assessments
- Create change management strategy
- Identify, analyze, prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Consult and coach project teams
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan.
- Support communication efforts
- Support training efforts
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Coach managers and supervisors
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists
- Integrate change management activities into project plan
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Manage stakeholders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Support change management at the organizational level, Enterprise Change Management
- Manage the portfolio and change load
Skills and qualifications
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process; experience with Prosci ADKAR Model is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere.
- Forward looking with a holistic approach.
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts.
- Change management certification or designation desired. Prosci Certification a plus.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field of study from an accredited institution
- Must have GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
- US Citizenship required
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here