The Business Operations Analyst is the internal liaison between the Sales and Services teams and other strategic partners in Workiva, specifically in Finance and Accounting, Customer Success, Client Services, Professional Services, Marketing, and Legal. The Operations Analyst supports the services and sales businesses and is responsible for the reporting, analytics and forecasting of sales & services efforts within Workiva.
What You’ll Do:
- Develops and presents sales and revenue forecasts and conducts variance analyses in consultation with Sales, Services, Accounting and Finance teams
- Develops business projections for Sales and Services teams including bookings forecasts, churn analysis, retention insights, customer experience trends and KPI results
- Collaborates and provides recommendations on packaging promotions, data management, and pricing.
- Oversees the lead generation and assignment process and provides direction within sales regarding marketing-led campaigns.
- Analyzes sales data; identifies trends and performance, and makes recommendations regarding strategic sales initiatives.
- Assesses new and existing target markets that Workiva penetrates through sales efforts and makes recommendations regarding balancing and optimizing sales territories
- Collaborates with Marketing on analyzing leads and contacts to sales representatives; interprets data and provides recommendation on activity
- Assesses and makes recommendations regarding maximizing on the capabilities of the customer relationship systems and data
- Provides direction to sales representatives on deal pricing and contract terms, including additions and exceptions, through data analytics
- Consults with and provides recommendations to sales representatives on data needs and outcomes, including SFDC dashboards, business intelligence insights and ad-hoc reporting
- Analyzes, validates and aggregates sales results; performs tend analyses on trends, discounts, velocity and pipeline, and provides recommendations to sales leaders based on observations and findings.
- Analyzes and forecasts expenses and bookings
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of experience related to business operations: reporting, analytics and forecasting of sales & professional services
- B.A./B.S. degree preferred in finance, accounting or other business related field, or equivalent related experience
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong planning, organizing, and multi-tasking skills to prioritize numerous projects a
- Ability to meet short deadlines
- Strong commitment to ongoing training