Vertex is shaping the future of how product development happens in manufacturing. Embracing advances in cloud computing, we’re building solutions to improve the speed and quality of collaboration so teams can make better decisions—and get products to market faster. Vertex founder and proven entrepreneur, Dan Murray, has grown two prior software companies to $100M+ revenue and executed successful IPOs. This is a ground-floor opportunity and part of our effort to expand sales, information technology, engineering, and marketing teams in preparation for product launch.
Vertex Software is actively seeking an experienced Business Development Manager (BDM) to drive pipeline development and lead generation. This individual will proactively prospect, qualify, and grow leads by targeting decision makers and influencers within our defined marketplace.
- Partner closely with Regional Account Managers to develop ongoing engagement strategy with prospect accounts to drive revenue goals
- Provide baseline research and intelligence within target accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information
- Prospect into target accounts via high volume cold-calling, networking, email, e-marketing, campaigns, and social outreach
- Consistently build, prioritize, and manage an effective pipeline
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the Vertex product, and clearly articulate its value to decision makers and influencers within a variety of disciplines
- Contribute to critical functions associated with fulfilling the sales cycle (forecasting, reporting, CRM maintenance, correspondence, and communications)
- Deliver effective messaging to pitch and close on appointments
- Achieve or exceed quarterly performance goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3+ years prior experience in Lead Generation/Sales Development/ Business Development in a B2B environment
- Salesforce Lightning CRM and marketing automation tools like Marketo preferred
- Proven track record of creating revenue generating opportunities and quota attainment
- Proven ability to understand and successfully promote technical offerings and solution sets
- Ability to maintain a high level of activity, and effectively manage competing priorities
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and professional demeanor
- Experience working remotely